Thursday, February 2, 2017

Blog Takeover: Chloe Mae's Cottage

Hey y’all! It’s Chloe’ from Chloe' Mae's Cottage! Stephanie was so kind as to let me take over her blog this week! Before I tell y’all why I began to blog, I want to tell y’all a bit about Steph. We’ve known each other for a while now and I can honestly say that she is the best friend I’ve ever have. She’s been with me through thick and thin and has shown me what a true friendship is about and I’m so incredibly grateful for her!

So now let me tell y’all about why I began to blog. I actually started blogging many years ago on Blogspot and had a blog titled “My Lady Reenactor.” That was mainly a reenacting/sewing blog. After a while I switched over to Wordpress and started the blog “Chloe’ Mae’s Cottage.” I began to blog about everyday life- sewing projects, baking, trips, reenactments, everything I do. It began to be a way of expressing myself and once I realized that people actually liked what I wrote I began to write more.

I began to blog as a way to save reenacting pictures and to show sewing projects I’ve done, but now I blog for so much more. I want to inspire and to encourage others through my blog. I’m using the blog as a way to put myself- my true self out there. For as long as I remember I’ve been a private person, but when I’ve opened up I’ve been able to help people with things they’ve been going through. So blogging has helped me learn to open up more and I think it’s been the best way for me to learn to do so.

Steph, I’ve enjoyed taking over the Tumbleweed! I love you, your blog, and of course Mer! You are welcome to take over the Cottage anytime you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment