Thursday, January 5, 2017

Cowboy, Take Me Away

To be honest, my first date with T was one for the books, but the second date really took the cake. Ya know how I said I had family north of what is now my hometown; well T lives 45 min away from that. So there's this cute guy who is actually willing to drive an hour and a half to see me? Keeper!

As I have mentioned previously T was different,  as in different I mean he didn't fit the criteria of any of my past lovers. Standing about 5 foot 10, dusty brown hair, glass shattering blue eyes and camo? Yes, camo. This adventure loving city girl just managed to snag herself a country boy. Honestly, that part scared me a bit. What if he owns a cow? I'm terrified of cows. What if he wants me to go "backroading"? I don't really want to get dirty. Even better, what if he wants me to two step? I have two left feet, he's just going to have to let that dream go.

After a long day at the pharmacy I get a call from T saying put on your best country attire, we're going out. My heart pounded in my chest so hard that you could hear every beat. It seemed to be that I worried him since I couldn't muster up anything to say back. "You okay Stephie Lynn?' "Umm, yea fine. What time do I need to be ready?" "9. My friend, Everest, and I just left my house in Pleasant Plains, see you soon!" "Wait, what are we doing?" "You'll see."

Oh my lanta was I in trouble or what? I turned to Pintrest to attempt to find "country attire" and the only thing I find are boots. Well I own booties, floral spring booties, definitely not country style. I knew better than to wear a dress when I had no idea what we were doin' so jeans it was. Now for a top, as most of my clothes were still at my mom's house, nearly 2 hours south of here, my choices were limited. It was between an old tee that had a deer skull on the back, the same shirt I wore on our first date, or a floral kimono. The kimono it was, it was kinda country, it had fringe.

T has a terrible since of time so they didn't actually show up until 9:30. Nerves were high as I was waiting in my car at the bar. The bar scene had never really been my thing growing up in a dry county. This bar was big! Finally I see that familiar white Chevy pull up and a sense of relief rushed over me. He hops out of the truck looking like a true cowboy; hat, boots, wrangler, the whole package. He looks at me and lets out a small laugh. "Well, you tried." Rude! I put plenty of work into this outfit. {okay well maybe I didn't look country, but i was pretty cute}

We walk in and meet Everest, who had already lied to his date about what time they were leaving, this tall blonde girl in short shorts who already looked like she had, had a few drinks, and a bar full of people. T hands me a hurricane and I suddenly found a new love for a beverage. T, Everest and the blonde take the dance floor as I opted to be the drink watcher at the table. The amount of people there caused quite a bit of anxiety and fear. After about an hour the slow songs start, we all know where this is going. T grabs my hand and literally drags me on to the dance floor as "From the Ground Up" by Dan + Shay, Arkie natives, plays my legs are shaking. I stepd on his boots about a million times until finally it clicks {or I had enough alcohol in my system that I felt like I was the best dancer out there}



After a few dances I didn't want to leave the floor, or the moment. Finally I felt like a princess with a cowboy as a prince, oddly enough I loved it! It was all new and different and this city girl was slowly turning into a country girl. We spun around for what seemed like centuries until it was finally time to go home. Even the best nights of your life has to end at some point. I was learning his ways and seeing a side of the world I had yet to discover.

{This story has yet to reach its climax, but you will have to wait a little longer to find out more about T and where this story is taking us.}

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment