Sunday, January 29, 2017

Raining on Sunday

As today is our 6 month anniversary, I find it only fitting that we continue on with "T" blogs! T is not the romantic in anyway. He's your A-typical country boy who is nothing less than a big sweetheart. (Of course I'm biased) We have by this point known each other for a solid month and things were moving quite quickly. We were seeing each other every time we had a spare moment and talked non stop. After spending the weekend in my home town for my 22nd birthday, I wanted nothing but to be back in town with him. Yes, it was a fun weekend with some amazing friends, but there was a missing piece in my perfect picture.

We had already planned that instead of me going home I would just go on up to his house and spend my actual birthday together. After a 3 hour drive and a pit stop to visit my dad it seemed like an eternity before I actually got there. I finally made it and was greeted in the driveway with his contagious smile and glass shattering eyes. "Happy birthday, Stephie Lynn." I would never like this nickname if it came from anyone else, but everything he says has me wrapped around his finger.

He helps me with my bags and it was extremely obvious that he couldn't stop looking at me. I'm generally the awkward one that points out actions as strange as this, but with him I really didn't mind it. As we finish up dinner we head out to the back porch with drinks in tow. As we sit under the tiki torches in the hot July air conversation of old high school days, music and vacations strike up. As we listen to artist such as the Backstreet Boys and Jimmy Buffet and giggle like little kids the rain starts up.

T had previously bragged about his hard work on homemade porch which is pretty impressive. He left out the fact that it was a tin roof! Oh my! Every girls dream! As he grabs my hand as we began to dance I realized that there was a strong possibility that I love this country boy. Not because he was different, but because he actually cared about me in the most amazing way.

Before we retired for the night we stand in the kitchen drenched in rain laughing about what we had just done. As he leaned in for the kiss I stood in awe of this person. He is obviously not my first love, but he sure was becoming my favorite. I realize how picturesque this all seems to you guys, but I can guarantee that there are hard moments, but the best way is not to harp on them and be supportive to your good moments and of the times that you spend together.


{Happy 6 months, T! I Love You!}

-Stephanie
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment