Welcome back, guys! Sorry for the long lost blog that is Taste of the Tumbleweed. There is quite a few things that I have learned going back to college after taking a bit of time off. Let me enlighten you!
1. You are older than most of your classmates and can not stay up past 10 pm. Do not attempt this or the consequences will bite you in the butt in the morning.
2. Meredith is a TERRIBLE study buddy! I don't know how many papers that she has chewed holes in, or the amount of time she spends distracting me from completing an assignment.
3. There are such things as "cheese-its" in each class. There is always that one person in the group that will message you the night before asking for an assignment. Don't feed into their cheesiness. Instead smash them in the carpet.
4. AMAZON PRIME IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!
5. Don't buy a refurbished IPad. It will be too old for what your professor wants and you will be out of pocket an extra $250.
6. When working at the preschool for your field observation smell the playdoh before you touch it because it might just contain cinnamon, and your hands will be swollen for the remainder of the day.
7. ALWAYS type your notecard for your test in 6 point font!!!
8. When doing a group field trip project for Earth Science don't offer to drive you and your lab partners off of a cliff for an Earthcache. (It was worth the bonus points though!)
9. The Bite Squad app is the best thing when you are tired of pizza and don't want to leave your house!
10. Its really helpful to have a boyfriend who is already a teacher and understands the struggle when you tell him your picking playdoh and glue out of you hair.
11. Children are perfect little angels with the power to make you cry.
12. You will have that one professor that is a grammar nazi that will give you a 99% on a paper because you missed that one comma!!!
13. TAKE A LOT OF NAPS!
14. Children's books are more entertaining than chapter books!
15. Impress your classmates with your poster that you used your Cricut to make! They will be envious and you will feel like a true #LADYBOSS!
16. Flair pens are truly the best for color coding and decorating your notes.
17. You will find yourself jamming out to Taylor Swift a little too often. (That one might just be me...)
18. You will truly find some of the sweetest people along the way!
19. Your professors are people too! Imagine that! Guess what? They may actually care about you as a person!
20. Don't over stress! Its okay to spend a little time for your self and listen to the advice that you are given!
Happy finals week!