Sunday, January 15, 2017

Dallasfornication

As I sit here preparing to tell you this story, and watching Grav3yard Girl videos, I realize that I'm back to reality. {Boo} Last Friday most of our wonderful state was covered in a nice blanket of snow, but me being a party pooper hated it. I generally love winter, but this was the weekend I had waited for, for my entire life! Yes, my ENTIRE life! After a long cold day at work I headed south for the night so I could have less of a drive Saturday morning.

Friday night was extremely restless in anticipation for the days to come! Scarfing down a couple of doughnuts before hugging my mother goodbye and pacing the floor before Hannah gets there so we can head south for the weekend! As we took off discussion strikes up of old memories and excitement of our favorite band, whom we will soon get to see! After a stop at a sketchy gas station in somewhere, TX we needed to find lunch in this massive state. Thank goodness we had a phone a friend to tell us where the good food is in Dallas, off to La Hacienda Ranch where the brown salsa was smokey {and nose dripping hot} and the brisket tacos are good enough to please any hombre.

{the cow print table cloths and the "moosle toe" were a real selling point for this girl}

We finally make it to our home for the weekend in downtown Dallas, it was time to refresh and head to the mall, but not just any mall, the Galleria Dallas. The biggest mall that we have ever stepped foot in! I was here on a mission for the most extravagant bath bombs in the world, LUSH Cosmetics! Finally locating it on the second floor my little heart was satisfied. There had to be at least 30 people in this store and anxiety and a migraine took over. The smell of Ling Ling oil flowed outward in to the hall and so did the people. I grabbed a couple of bath bombs and got the heck out of dodge! 

{LUSH Cosmetics}

As we tuck ourselves in bed for the night we remember our parking meter runs out at 3:00 in the morning! Really, Dallas? How does 10 hours constitute for one day in this city?  This is just a rant for a rainy day, back to the story at hand. None the less in about 17 hours the day that we have been waiting for will finally be here! We managed to waste enough time around downtown, and eat some fantastic burgers at Chop House Burgers that the concert was only a few hours away! 

{Downtown Dallas}

As we meet up with some friends, catch up on some past episodes of NCIS, and book the Uber its time to go! This was the first time for many of us in a Uber, and it was obvious that our driver was not up to par. We told him that the concert was at the American Airline Center, literally 8 minutes away from our hotel. He instead takes us to a post office, claiming he was taking a "short cut." Sure, none of us were buying this. Finally after driving around downtown Dallas for about 15 minutes we had arrived! The grounds were flooded with thousands of people wearing Red Hot Chilli Pepper shirts just like ours. The arena was packed, it was truly a sold out show, and you could hear our hearts racing as the time crept on. People young and old were here, many of which {including us}, would be the first time seeing the Chilli Peppers live! 


{obviously this video is a little older, but you get the point}

Finally, they take the stage as Flea and Josh Klinghoffer rock out kneeling in front of Chad Smith and everyone in the arena was anticipating the arrival of Anthony Kiedis. After what felt like a century the one and only Anthony runs on to the stage in true rock star style! As they play "Can't Stop" the crowd breaks out in funky dance moves and sings every single word. The second song really made my life, it could possibly be the happiest moment other than when I get married, it was that big. "Dani California" has not been on any of their set list and I wasn't going to get my hopes up for my favorite song, but there it was, my favorite song! I screamed every word, every guitar rift and drum solo to my hearts desire. Of course songs like "Californication", "Give it Away", and "Dark Necessities" really got the crowd going. As the night was closing, and the crowd was going there separate ways, there hangs the symbol that united us all for one night, RHCP. All of this may be short lived, but the memories will always remain. 

-Stephanie





No comments:

Post a Comment