Saturday, March 11, 2017

Moving On Isn't so Bad

Like the title said moving on isn't as bad as I expected. I've had a great support system over the past few weeks; well really month. And this is the last time I will mention this pity party, promise. Since moving on I've tried to focus on my relationship with friends whom I neglected and my relationship with Christ, who was almost non-existent.

I still haven't found a church in Little Rock that I'm crazy about, but this last week I picked up an old devotional book that was absolutely covered in dust. The book is "Stress Point" by Sarah Francis Martin. As you work through the "journals" each day topics such as body image, dating, friends and family, and careers are put into a religious stand point. It's funny reading my old journals knowing that at the time I started this I was a freshman in college and all I wanted to do is make it into nursing school. My, how things have changed!

Flipping through the pages the one thing stuck out was; "The key isn't to check 'prayer' off of your to-do-list and move on with our day. It's to reconnect with the Lord and wait in patient expectation before His throne." Wowza! This is exactly what I need to hear right now. I will continue to pray about the future, not only relationship wise, but with college, friends and the general future. 

-Stephanie

  

No comments:

Post a Comment