Saturday, March 4, 2017

Blogger Recognition Award

Oh my sweet lanta. I got myself a little award! It might be a little bias coming from my best friend, but she genuinely likes my stuff, so I guess not! Thank you Chloe from Chloe Mae's Cottage for the award! I'm still awaiting my trophy in the mail. Just kiddin'!


How it all Began and Advice

I started blogging back in 2013 under the name "The Life Diaries" where topics such as how college life and the stress was eating me alive and boys were a plenty. I took down almost all the post except for one, "Weight a Minuet." This was my first blog post about an eating disorder I suffered with straight out of high school. The post had an overwhelming amount of support, but I still felt unsure if blogging about my life experiences was the right thing so I walked away.

With the 3 years that I didn't blog I managed to achieve 2 associates degrees and learn a little more about myself as a person. This time I wanted to blog for myself and to tell a story as a writer. I used my relationship as a muse for my first few post. I gained a pretty large following with those post, and I enjoyed writing them, but as you now know that relationship was slowly crumbling. I was forced to find other things to write about, and hoped you all would still like it. It's scary knowing that you are hiding a secret that so many people are falling in love with. 

Like I've always said all of the stories are true and that's what makes them magical and heartwarming. It's what I felt like in the moment. You live and you learn and you move on. The people who like you will stick around and continue to support you even when times are tough. Keep your head up and move on. Things aren't always going to go your way. Your post may not always have the most support or views, but the people who are viewing them most likely there for the right reasons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment