Sunday, February 26, 2017

Weekend Adventures

Happy Sunday ya'll! Sorry for the lack of interaction this past week, sometimes ya just need to check out and spend a little time for yourself. Just because I've been a loner this week doesn't mean I didn't do anything exciting to share with all of you guys!

I went home for the weekend to meet up with a dear friend, Chloe from Chloe Mae's Cottage, and visited our local state park for an afternoon full of some adorable pictures and some crisp spring air. If you didn't know where my original stomping grounds are Hope, Arkansas; pretty much the extreme southwest corner of the state. About 15 miles down the road is the national state park of Old Washington. If you wish to know more about this gorgeous relic of the past feel free to visit their website! I'll try to give you a little tid bit about the buildings that each of the pictures where taken just for fun!




{Welcome to the 1847 Hempstead County Courthouse, active from 1847 to 1939. It now acts as the visitor's center and gift shop.}

{The Morrison Tavern resembles that of a 1830 bed and breakfast. The wood aesthetic was possibly my favorite.}

{Enjoy this fun pic from Chloe's snapchat! The park is known for its beautiful jonquils' and a festival is held every spring to admire their beauty.}


  
{Arkansas isn't called the natural state for no reason! This may seem like a normal tree, I promise it's not. I'm not sure if the world's largest magnolia tree, but it's sure up there!}

{This has got to be my most favorite picture of the day and it was completely unplanned. By this point I couldn't find matching shoes, we were cold, and the sun was setting fast. I had just finished up the last of Chloe's pictures in front of the Royston Log Cabbin and was just taking a breather on the back porch. Possibly the best picture of the day.}

If you are ever down in this direction take a few minutes to check out the park and all of it's beauty, it won't disappoint! Hope you all are having a good Sunday and good luck on the week ahead!

-Stephanie 



No comments:

Post a Comment