Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Long and Happy Life

This summer has been nothing but crazy! Work has me bogged down, moving to a new town and getting ready for the ultimate adventure; university. Not to mention that T is back. I'm sure if you follow my Instagram you would already figured that out. I figured we could take this time to catch up on what you've all missed out on. So how are you? How's summer treatin' ya'?

At the end of May my old city apartment was full of boxes and a one way ticket out of town. I was ready to take on the next chapter of my life in Conway; single, ambitious and a little anxious. I had to work the weekend of Mother's Day so I didn't have a chance to go visit my mom, but I was also not expecting to wake up to "Hey Stranger?" My guards were high and my blood was boiling and my responses wasn't exactly inviting. What my mom was not expecting on Mother's day was a call at 8 in the morning with me freaking out and admitting that I was still in love with the guy on the other end of that text. I was also a little dumb founded in that realization.

It took a good week for me to realize that this is in fact the right thing to do. Take him back. I now realize that it was the best thing I could have ever done. We have both grown as people, relationally and mentally. I am not here to speak for him, but I do believe that he would agree with all of this. The one thing we both lacked the first time around was communication. Whoever said communication is key was no liar. We are still working on this, but I feel that we are doing a fantastic job at it thus far!

Meredith and I are finally getting settled in to our new home. I am still driving an hour in to work every day which is bound to change soon we all hope. This past week I celebrated my 23rd birthday with a couple of my close friends, family and T, of course! It was nice and laid back which I have very much so learned to love. In less than a month I will step foot back on a college campus and every bit of me is excited about this!

I guess the moral of this story is that its okay to give things in life a second chance. They may come back to bite you, or they may be the best thing that has ever happed. Either way trust your own gut. Don't let others try to steer you away from what you feel is right for you. It may surprise you in the end.

Until next time,
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment